- I’m feeling a lot better than I was when I wrote my Monday post. Thank you to everyone who checked in! You guys are the word-and-emoji equivalents of the snuggliest of snuggly hugs.
- I’m planning to go back over that post and label all the cognitive distortions I can now see in retrospect, then share it with you. Not sure what format will work best but I’ll fiddle around with it.
I know you love me, but I don’t know why you love me.Olivia (3), trying to start one of life’s deep conversations with me while I’m on the toilet.
Like I always say, socks are the best.James (almost 5) while getting dressed for school.
Don’t come in, Mommy! I DON’T need you!Olivia from inside the bathroom, accompanied by the unmistakable sounds of her trying to flush her own (full) potty.
I’m trying to laugh like Batman.….Me. To Jesse, in bed (but not THAT way), at midnight. *
*I had been pretending to be a hyena matriarch (as one does) while getting ready for bed, and I was using a deep, gruff voice, which made me think of Batman. But then that made me giggle girlishly and unBatmanly, so I tried to giggle gruffly and masked-vigilante-ly, and it sounded like something out of Arkham Asylum. You know… maybe you had to be there.
Toilet or tomatoes?
Speaking of toilets, in case there’s anyone wondering, the lie in my “two truths and a lie” answer (answer #6 of this post) was the one that said I was writing that sentence on the toilet. But I actually am writing THIS sentence on the toilet.
BIG DEAL PROUD (dat’s my husband getting the commendation)
View this post on Instagram
BZ to Sergeant Hall of the #Argylls for receiving a @CAFOperations Commendation for outstanding service during #OpIMPACT from the @army_comd_armee! 🇨🇦⚔️ Félicitations au sergent Hall du Argylls pour avoir reçu un prix des @operationsfac pour son service exceptionnel lors de l'opération IMPACT!
I love the realness of the moment they captured here. James was scared of all the army people and hubbub, so I had to hold him the entire time. Olivia was screaming “UPPY! UPPY!” to Jesse, who was trying to keep his composure while shaking hands with the commander of the entire Canadian army. And I’m just there trying to keep it all together and enjoy the moment.
Honestly, it was amazing. I’m proud of Jesse. And proud of us as a family for getting through his deployment in 2019.
Emotional Support Person
Blog Ness Monster
- For some unknown reason, my comments were being automatically flagged as spam yesterday and maybe the day before. I contacted Akismet and it should be sorted out for future comments, but the comments that are already in people’s Spam folders will stay there unless manually removed. Boo and poo.
- Feeling cut-off from chatting with the bloggers I follow was mildly distressing.
- I’m trying not to take this as a personal rejection by the Spam gods.
- I’m working on a post on “surprising things that help my anxiety.” One of them involves taking off my glasses. Hopefully I can get it out next week.
- You guys rock.
- Thanks for reading 🙂
- Happy Saturday!